SMED Training / Set-up Reduction Courses & Consulting
SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Dies) / Set-up Reduction reduces the time it takes to change from one product to another and therefore reduces process downtime.
This programme can be delivered as a public, virtual and in-house SMED training course. We also provide SMED / Set-up Reduction consultancy.
- Benefits of set-up reduction / SMED
- Forming the set-up reduction / SMED team
- Filming and observing set-up
- Documenting and timing set-up steps
- Converting ‘internal set-up’ to ‘external set-up’
- Standard and one touch jigs
- Adjustment elimination
- Simplified clamping mechanisms
- Parallel operations
- Action planning
- Set-up procedure documentation and training
Contact us for further information or a no obligations discussion on Set-up Reduction or SMED options