Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for NHS/Healthcare Training Course
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for NHS/Healthcare Training Course is delivered by Claudius Consulting over a single day as public, virtual and in-house training options.
‘Root Cause Analysis is a systematic investigation technique that looks beyond the individuals concerned and seeks to understand the underlying causes and environmental context in which the incident happened.’ Seven Steps to Patient Safety, 2004
On completion of our Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for NHS/Healthcare training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply a robust framework for carrying out Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Effectively ‘Define’ a problem/incident
- Effectively investigate and collect information to understand the problem/incident
- Find the ‘Root Cause(s)’ of the problem/incident
- Develop countermeasures to address the root cause(s)
- Ensure these countermeasures are effectively implemented and maintained
“Claudius Consulting worked with us in developing a bespoke ‘learning-through-doing’ training programme where participants applied the RCA tools to a mental health case study scenario. Following the training participants were able to effectively apply RCA tools within their Mental Health Serious Incident Investigations.” Yusuf Aumeerally (Safer Care and Mortality Governance Manager) – Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust.