Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare/NHS
“The training provided by Claudius Consulting and the resulting projects have improved patient care whilst delivering savings of over £3m per annum.” Alistair Martin (Service Improvement Manager) – Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Claudius Consulting’s ‘Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare/NHS’ training programmes combine the ‘Lean’ (eliminating waste and increasing the speed of healthcare service provision) and ‘Six Sigma’ (reducing variation and improving the quality of healthcare service provision) methodologies.
On completion of the ‘Lean Six Sigma for Healthcare/NHS’ training programme participants will be able to:
- Ensure their projects are linked to the achievement of their organisation’s strategic objectives
- Capture the ‘Voice of the Customer’ to ensure any potential process changes are aligned to customer requirements
- Apply the simple, robust, structured and proven approach of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve & Control) to process improvement
- Apply project management, change management and financial project appraisal techniques
- Move from a ‘Functional’ to a ‘Value Stream’ view of the organisation where stakeholders work together collectively to remove waste from the ‘Value Stream’
- Understand ‘Process Behaviour’ through effective measurement and data analysis
- Prioritise opportunities for process improvement
- Develop ‘Permanent Corrective Actions’ for process failures
- Select and use the appropriate ‘Lean Six Sigma’ tools to reduce variation, defects, cycle times, lead times, waste and costs within their processes
- Influence organisational culture and employee behaviour towards supporting ‘Lean Six Sigma’
- Ensure process improvements are sustained through the use of a ‘Control Plan’
To summarise, they will be equipped with the lean six sigma knowledge, skills and behavioural competencies required to successfully execute sustainable process improvement projects.